Traditionally, when a yacht requires repair or refit, the work needs protecting from weather. Typically, there are two options;
- Find a large shed or covered dock and move the vessel inside.
- Keep the vessel outside and erect a scaffolding or timber / plastic tube framework and cover with sheeting.
Both of these have disadvantages. Purpose built sheds and covered docks for marine repair & refit are booked up many months in advance. Scaffolding is expensive and time consuming to erect / dismantle and having scaffolders clambering all over the vessel with steel tubes to erect a temporary roof is not ideal. Even if you of find a large shed or hanger, the boat will still often need tenting to protect other boats nearby from dirt and dust created.
The benefits of an inflatable yacht tent;
- Open & airy interior – no scaffold tubes touching the deck and getting in the way of work on the vessel
- Excellent temperature and humidity control as the tent is extremely well insulated. Better environment for repair and repainting work.
- Risk of damage to the vessel from scaffolding eliminated.
- Very quick installation process – a day versus a couple of weeks for scaffold and shrink wrap.
- Very quick to dismantle – useful in areas where strong winds may be experienced.
Get In Touch
- Stockery Park Farm, Holmes Chapel Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 8AS
- +44 (0)1477 532222
- Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm